Pupil Premium and Free School Meals
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers.
Pupil premium funding is available to:
- local authority maintained schools, including special schools and pupil referral units (PRUs)
- voluntary-sector alternative provision (AP), with local authority agreement
- special schools not maintained by the local authority (NMSS)
- academies and free schools, including special and AP academies
Families in receipt of one of the following benefits
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit.
- Free school meals.
- Pupil participation with school activities such as clubs or residential school trips.
- Additional learning support and wider learning opportunities in school.
In 2016-2017 the Pupil Premium budget was £213,921
In 2017/18 the Pupil Premium Budget was £213,158
In 2018/19 the Pupil Premium Budget was £212,718
In 2019/20 the Pupil Premium Budget was £203,508
Pupil Premium Allocation: 2022-23
In the 2022-23 financial year, schools will receive the following funding for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years: £1,385, currently we have 114 children who have successfully applied for this funding.
In 2022-23 Wallington Primary Academy will receive a Pupil Premium budget of £157,890 with an additional Recovery Premium funding of £16,675 totalling £174,565.
We monitor these children’s achievement and attainment regularly to ensure that any needs arising from their disadvantage are met from the grant.
Pupil Premium Strategy 2022-23
Pupil Premium Strategy 2021-22
Pupil Premium Strategy 2020/21
PPG Strategy 2020-21
How to register for free school meals and pupil premium
If you believe that your child is eligible for free school meals and this additional funding but you have not registered, please use the link below to register now.
Please note that if your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 and receives Universal Infant Free School Meals you will still need to register for Free School Meals in order for the school to receive the additional Pupil Premium.