PTA (Parent Teacher Association)
Building Parent Partnership
WPA has recently formed a parent, working party to come together to actively engage the community. We are committed to forming lasting, effective partnerships with our parents and to demonstrate this we have launched working towards the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
Following the first parent working party meeting held on the 20th January 2021 the following points were discussed:
- What services could school provide to support the community?
- Where could school build links with the community and which ways would you consider most accessible, i.e. social media…?
- Which whole school events would you consider appealing to the community; how could these be adapted considering the National situation?
- What fund raising projects could we run in the current climate?
These discussions have since led to school improvement:
- WPA has created a private, school face book account.
- We have introduced a Wellbeing Newsletter for our community.
- School has partnered with Let's Localise to form working relationships with local and national businesses.
- School will be hosting its first virtual, family, Easter quiz event on 25th march 2021.
- We listened to parents' views and created an off-screen afternoon during remote learning and signposted wellbeing and outdoor pursuits.
Join us at our next meeting on the 17th March 2021 @ 11am